Whew! We're glad that part of the trip is over. Very difficult weather, very sloppy conditions, and very
little sign were the result of our day offshore. Catching or otherwise it was the right move to make -
one will never find them without looking, but only one single Bluefin assuaged our strongest desire to
round out this catch, and help our group of boats get back on the fish.
And my overall take is the same right now as last week and the week before - there is plenty more good
offshore Bluefin action ahead. Presently deficit is reasonable working weather, and enough effort
(understandably) to stay on and/or relocate the fish.
Lined up perfectly is the Wed June 27th - Saturday June 30th 2 1/2 day voyage on schedule for a 6 p.m.
departure and 8 a.m. return. After that voyage we resume our regular runs. At preset I believe we still
have a few spaces available, but only a few. If you are interested give Tracy a call. As of now the long
term forecast says Thursday the 28th and Friday the 29th are the best weather days ahead. When it comes
to these Bluefin, not that it is any revelation now, good weather is key to success.
After today's paltry results we threw in the towel running for the shelter of an island lee for the
night. Needless to say the flat calm of such a setting was a slice of heaven relative to the day's
trials. Tomorrow will feature coastal variety for a half day before we set course for home.